WWI Tannenberg: Eastern Front (PS4)
Warfare between the Russian Empire and Central powers
Tannenberg brings the massive battles of the Eastern Front in WW1 to life with 64 players fighting for control of key sectors of the battlefield, each one offering a distinct strategic advantage. Warfare between the Russian Empire, Germany, and their allies offers a fresh experience for first person shooter players and history aficionados alike.
Tannenberg offers several game modes - including the exciting Manoeuvre game mode reflecting the nature of war on the Eastern Front, as 64 players battle across large maps where the objectives and battle lines are always shifting. Survive the deadly battles by working together with your four man squad and utilizing your distinctive skills. There is a wealth of historical detail including realistic WW1 weaponry, authentic uniforms, horrendous gore, and maps based on real battlefields.
WW1 on the Eastern Front
It’s all-out war on the Eastern Front! From artillery barrages and poison gas to the deadly heavy machine gun and hard-hitting rifle, there are many weapons to master. The battlefield is a dangerous place – lead your shots, keep your eyes open, and be ready to engage in ferocious close combat at any moment.
This historical game takes place across the lakes, forests, mountains and snowy plains of the Eastern Front - it was inspired by the Battle of Tannenberg in 1914, one of the most iconic encirclement battles in history. Players will be able to master a range of authentically modelled equipment brought to the field by Russian Frontovik and Cossack squads, the renowned Latvian Riflemen, or the Romanian infantry squad. Alternatively they can join the Central Powers to serve in an Austro-Hungarian K.u.K. unit, with the German Infantry, or in the Bulgarian rifle section.
The WW1 Game Series currently includes Tannenberg and Verdun (set on the Western Front). These authentic WW1 shooters let players choose from a range of squads from across the war, as they fight for control of the ever-changing frontlines.
- Authentic WW1 atmosphere; accuracy in everything from maps and weaponry to uniforms
- Tactical squad-based FPS; play as Russian, Romanian, Latvian, Austro-Hungarian, German and Bulgarian troops
- Seven squads, 50+ weapons, nine large maps that give players tactical freedom
- Wide-ranging landscapes; large maps each with weather variants from snow to summer sun
- 64 player Manoeuvre game mode; capture strategic sectors in grand battles of movement
- Never fight alone; squad gameplay and AI bots for Manoeuvre so you can join epic battles at any time